Yamaha AV Controller Enhancement Thread

Coordinator
May 3, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Edited May 3, 2012 at 1:14 PM

This thread is designed to be a forum for all general enhancement requests. If your enhancement request pertains to a particular version of the app, please use one of the dedicated discussions.

Yamaha AV Controller Enhancement Thread (Desktop)

Yamaha AV Controller Enhancement Thread (Metro)

Yamaha AV Controller Enhancement Thread (Windows Phone)

Thanks.

May 25, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Using the av controller app on iOS to manage an HD full of FLACs and mp3s connected via usb to an RX-V473. Couple issues/questions with this generally great system:
  1. Though there is a "shuffle" button, I haven't been able to get it to truly shuffle between all the content on the HD. The shuffle toggle does function as expected when streaming itunes content from my iphone however. Am I just using it wrong with the HD?
  2. Because I was previously running all this FLAC content through winamp, my naming convention is ridiculously long. So long that I mostly can't read the song names in the sort of small window provided for the viewing of file names in the av controller app. Obviously screen room is limited on the iPhone, but is there a chance to make a larger list viewing window in the iPad version?
  3. I assume the lack of gapless playback is a hardware issue in the receiver itself? Might it eventually be addressed in a firmware update? DO you think I may ever achieve gapless playback with this system?
    Thanks!
Coordinator
May 27, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Hey,

Unfortunately, this CodePlex page is for the unofficial Yamaha AV Controller applications. I'm not affiliated with or sponsored by Yamaha and have not built anything for their iOS based applications. I think you'd have more success taking your questions to an official Yamaha forum. The only one of your questions I can answer is #3 and you're correct, the reason you can not play FLAC content on your Yamaha RX-V473 is because that particular device doesn't support that codec. If you have a computer on your network, you can use a DLNA server that'll automatically transcode files like Serviio, that way your RX-V473 will be able to play them. I have no idea if Yamaha end up supporting that codec with a Firmware update.

I hope this information helps and if you ever want to interact with your Yamaha device on a Windows Phone, please come back here.

Cheers.
May 27, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Oh dear. I apologize for the confusion but thanks for taking the time to respond.

Yours,
Scott c.

Sent from my iPhone