This project is read-only.

RX-V3900 There was an error connecting to the device



I've got the latest firmware for my RX-V3900 (1.21) installed. It's connected to my network via 100MB cat 5 and is obtaining an ip address through DHCP.

I've got the latest version of your AV Controller for WP8 installed on my Nokia Lumia 920 with all the latest updates for apps and software on the phone as of today.

My Nokia Lumia is connected to my network via wireless on the same subnet as my RX-V3900.

When I search for devices my RX-V3900 doesn't appear. If I add the IP address and a name manually I get the above error. "There was an error connecting to the device"

I can connect to my RX-V3900 using my iPhone and the iOS version of this app without a problem it finds it automatically.

Any assistance you could offer would be most helpful.


Trailbear1 wrote Oct 12, 2013 at 6:59 AM

I am experiencing the same issue, with the same hardware and network configuration. iPad version finds and connects directly.

wrote Oct 12, 2013 at 7:00 AM

rick729 wrote Nov 8, 2013 at 2:55 AM

Same exact issue. Has this been resolved?


samhockey wrote Feb 10, 2014 at 8:31 PM


Same issue with Lumia 820 and the Yamaha CRX-N560. My Samsung Galaxy SIII has no problems though.

It finds the player fine, but I get the "There was an error connecting to the device" error too.


rjmalone wrote May 22, 2014 at 8:40 PM

I am also having this issue with the RX-V3900 (firmware 1.21) as the original poster. Really hoping there is something simple that can be updated so I can use this app! Thank you!!!!

mks59 wrote Jul 27, 2015 at 6:29 AM

Check your phone settings whether VPN is enabled. After updating to Windows Phone 8.1 I had connection issues until I disabled the VPN.

Vote up the following feature request to allow the receiver app to detect this:

For now, the best the app can do is detect whether the phone is 8+ and then prompt them to disable the VPN if it is enabled.